I am tired of story mode for these reasons:
1. They stop at Cell with great quality but miss out very large chunks of the overall story.
2. They stop at Buu with hardly any GT coverage plus the overall quality is bonkerously low.
3. They never seem to be able to have the ability to copy/paste the story mode to save time, no they must always update with new graphics, giant boss battles and horribly stiff ingame cutscenes/lovely anime cutscenes, which doesn't add anything to the game other than presentation.
4. When they decide to return to story mode after a game which didn't have it, they simply cut out far too much content for it to be even worth anything.
5. They base the games so linearily most of us that want at least a little variety, get bored out of our minds.
6. Then there are the "mostly brainwashed" people that would rather play the story mode 1.000.000 times over and over with a crappy gameplay system, rather than having an awesome somewhat decent gameplay system with hardly any story. Plus with the afforementioned thing, they still want to recreate the story for Versus with hardly any variety to suit their needs. This makes me think, why not make Versus be Story mode itself if they want Story mode so much???