02-23-2010, 09:35 PM
What you must change in RAGING BLAST!!
1.BRING BLAST STOCKS BACK!! (The Blue Energy Bar from Budokai Tenkaichi 3)
2.BRING PRIORITY FOR "DEFENSIVE SUPER MOVES" OVER COMBOS!!! (We must be able to do the Barrier or Explosive wave like moves even when under combo strike! (exactly like in BT3) so that glitchy and buggy combos won't win over a game.*
3.AVOID BUGS!! (Can't Snap Vanish if you're hitting the Wall in the Tournament Arena - Gogeta can make an infinite combo with his 3square + triangle strike while it should be canceled in his 2nd try)
4.BRING A LIMIT TO SQUARE SMASH IN COMBOS!! Square Smash are impossible to Snap Vanish and therefor are subject to unlimited combos. (Any noob can infinite combo you with 2square + medium intensity square smash with piccolo or buu, or any other character who can do this.) Bringing Back Blast Stocks and giving priority to "defensive super moves" will help to overcome this.
5.BRING BACK THE "FORCED FLIP BACK BEFORE A SUPER ATTACK WHEN NEAR OPPONENT" AND RAISE THE COOL DOWN TIME BETWEEN 2 SUPER ATTACKS! (Again exactly as it was in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 so you can avoid SPAMMING!)
6.ADD THE ABILITY TO MUTE OTHER PLAYERS AND KICK OTHER PLAYERS IN MULTIPLAYER ROOMS!
7.FIX THE CONNECTION FREEZING WHILE IN TOURNAMENTS!
SPIKE! When you played the game, maybe you thought that many things in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 were useless. WELL! YOU WERE WRONG!
Instead of making a good game, taking all the good things from BT3 and adding more, YOU DID THE EXACT OPPOSIT!
You took all the good things and limiters, and created a Spam, Bug abuse, glitch abuse friendly game.
(PS: Anyone who reads this and agrees, Open a topic and copy paste this message so the message goes where it should!!!)
*Extra Explanation for those who didn't understand what I mean: Rightnow, you cannot do a "barrier" or "Explosive Wave" if your opponent isstriking you. And when he is far, well than you don't need it. It's alogical Bug. in BT3 Barrier and Explosive wave were there to stoplong abusive combos. You could do them with blast stocks which were filling withtime. So it was naturally limiting the combo length that your opponentcan do to you, but still giving enough time to your opponent to punishyou with a combo. Now, since you use KI to do such moves, if you do nothave enough KI, and because your KI never fills when you are understrike, you cannot Cast them. And even if you have enough KI to Castthem, you will still Not be able to Cast them since you cannot castanything when you are under a Combo attack. Why this is abusive? Because if your opponent secures the first hit in the beginning of the game and keeps abusing "MEDIUM SQUARE SMASHES and ki attacks and signature attacks, and does no mistake, you have no chance to counter them.
02-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah I had actually forgot about explosive waves being different in T3. When the game first came out I realized that and was angry/disappointed, but I'd forgotten about it till now. They should definately be changed.
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
ayo i hate blast stocks.DONT BRING THAT BACK
03-21-2010, 09:42 PM
ayo i hate blast stocks.DONT BRING THAT BACK
Do not double post please.
03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Do not double post please.
Where did he Double post?
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
He probably removed the second one.
03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
I really like ur ideas and agree with what u said.
03-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Points I found on other Forums:¬* This took me a while but here.
IN GAME BATTLE SYSTEM:
- Visually attacks have Lost ALL destructive feeling they had in BT3, BT3 had better sound effects and being hit with a spirit bomb sounded a lot more painful. It's great that RB added the cutscene to it but, the ending should sounds painful. In a way combine the 2 versions. RB has the good cutscene, but BT3 has better feeling, better Size and better sound effects. RB's spirit bomb is FAR too small. It would BE A LOT better if it was the size of the SS. Deadly Bomber in BT3. But Move slower and have dust from the ground where it's headed.
- Clothing: all character's clothing should tear apart like teen Gohans, NOT just get a little dusty.
Bring Back Blood on characters, Burst Limit had it on Gohan.
Characters should also Spit like in tekken (I think it's tekken) but when they get a stun to the belly.
Sky Change Edit: Make the night A THUNDER STORM WITH LIGHTNING
Graphics: The Character Models look fine but the¬* environments seemed a little too realistic and not like the anime. Biggest example = the wasteland. BT3's was almost identical to the show, but DBZ saga's was even better.
Transformations were also boring, put some flair to those transformations http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
The game just doesn't give me the eye candy that Budokai 3 and Naruto ninja storm gave me. RB's in game explosions are down right pathetic compared to the ultimate ninja series. Also silent transformations just don't do it for me, if the actors don't want to yell, just recycle the yelling audio.
Glitch?: Why is it that if say your goku, you transform in the sky; vutscene shows your on the ground but then your back in the sky?
I'm glad they made goku and vegeta, 1 character. The multiple forms counted as separate characters which is just as ridiculous as them counting ssj goku and base goku as 2 people like in the RB advertisement. But there is no excuse to have 2 movie characters and not the others like Turles, Fasha, bojack,Janemba, Hachyiack and what no Mystic gohan?
One gauge of energy (ki bars) to be used for all kind of special moves like defensive (barrier, explosive waves, etc..), offensive (rushing attacks like kaioken, beams like kamehameha,Ultimate attacks etc...), Status power ups (false courage, finish sign Sayian soul, etc..), special counters (after image strike, wild sens, etc...) and signature skills, is obviously not working for two reasons:
It leads to intense spamming. And it takes out many strategic values of the game. (as an example, casting afterimage strike should be more effective but harder to cast, to impose a new game Style to the players as soon as they are cast. The blast stocks system should return, making it more difficult to spam defensive and special power ups.
It is obvious the characters Super Attacks should be rebalanced.
1. No cheap items like Random Vanish
2. Blast Stocks (to reduce spamming)
3. remove the after 5th hit cancel plus super that goku, bardock, goten gohand and the fusion characters can do.(This is for balance purpose)
4. Longer time on energy, and combat clash.
5. Less charge attacks should be able to clash guard. The charge leg strike, rushing and charging attack same time, jump and charging strike should not crash guard. Smash attack, gut punch and the punch that make you look at the other way should remain with guard crash.
6. Super rush, when hitting the player that block should guard crash both your opponent and yourself. Just like how they did it in BT3. (I know we can Z counter the super rush, but the Z counter animation speed is slower then the block animation and you can slide on the Z counter stance to take your opponent in the super rush from the his wear.)
7.Scouter Vegeta signature should be a combo move for all characters instead. Just like in BT3.
8.All ultimate should be blockable unless you equip a custom item. Goku and his super bomb is unfair compared to broly ultimate that got a delay and is still blockable. Balance over anything please. But WHEN you get hit by an ultimate such as Plant Burst THIS should happen:
- Rush attacks are cast instantly, leading to a complete chaos of tactics. And it is also another point helping spamming. Where is the old good "roll back before a super attack" we used to in BT3. It helped to keep the game clean.
- There is only a 1 type of Rush Special Attacks in Raging blast ? . They all have a too short range, and are all extremely fast. A Better balance between Rush attacks should be made. Some faster but with a shorter range, and some slower but with a longer range. Difference between rush attacks will bring new strategies and tactics, which Raging Blast is already missing.
Goku's Meteor combo rush cutscene should return as well, it was a lot better then the one in RB. If they want it to be a sequence move, Imply the buttoms to a cutscene NOT 1 button for 1 hit
Life Bars: These were fine but it would be nice if they were colored coded like the last games. I don't like the circle they gave us, the life meter should be a bar again but small and at the bottom (where the spheres are now) like DBZ sagas.
- Bugs! bugs and bugs! Gogeta's broken combo, Goku's and Gohans, Broken blast rush combos, piccolo's 2.5 square combos are making the game unplayable. It is possible to spam punches and blasts in the game without giving any change to the opponent to do any move. (punch and blast spams are not vanishable, not defendable and not counterable. You have absolutely no other change than waiting for your opponent to make a mistake).
- The Beam Paradox: In Raging Blast, players usually use the Beams at close range, and very rarely at long range because of how SMALL they are, making them easy to dodge. When they use it on long range it is generally after a few successful blast hits. The Point is that, Beams are useless on long range, which should change. (Beams are supposed to be long range weapons.¬* In Short, find a way to bring back the long ranged beams and beam struggles in game much more frequently. It also doesn't help how WEAK the beams feel when hitting the opponent. OR when deflected a Flash of light and sound effect should appear on screen (a lot like after a beam hits something in BT3) to indicate that the beam exploded without showing it exactly.
The number 1 problem of raging blast, even brought up in many official reviews: DISCONNECTIONS. Disconnections are so frequent that it is not even possible to win 10 games without 8 disconnections. Get whatever solution you can, it will be fine with anybody. Disc = Loss. Ok. Disc = 100 Loss. Ok. Do whatever you have to. Any solution will be better than having people disconnect all the time.
- Bug! The World tournament online freezes if the Host presses Ready, before all the players in the room Presses Ready, or if a players tries to connect while the host starts the game with some empty rooms. Fix it.
- In the chat rooms, while waiting for a tournament or a Player vs Player to start, hosts should be able to kick other players who are disturbing the chat room, or the player who just joined if they dislike it's rank. if the Player is on your "Avoid" List on xbox360, then they shouldn't be able to join your matches again or when you are a player (for instance) - If somebody has a bad connection and joins and I've been communicating-error'd away, let them be send away instead. I was there first http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/emoticons/smile.gif
-Penalties for disconnecting online (you lose your rank point in all online events)
Grant the possibility of fighting with certain items/characters/moves banned, which you cannot use, everyone is able to view these before joining. This cannot be done anymore on "Ranking"
* Highest level shouldn't be A++, but "Z".
Voice Chat. It should be possible to mute players. (yes I know, some will be shocked that we already can't). What were they thinking while making the game? Some online opponents can be real babies when you fight them so, it's easier on the ears if we can mute SOME people but still hear others without totally turning off the mic.
- World Tournament features needed: Being able to watch others play would be great. But I understand that it is not that easy. But at least we should be able to see some representations of the match like health bars or else Or have a lobby to watch or at least Show a replay of what the last few seconds of the match was like.
In tournaments, have something for us to do, such as the punching machine mode, spectate somebody else punching or if you lost already become a spectator of matches. Have a way of spectating even within the matches..
- Team battles are missing the health recover feature of the standby characters. Now team battles are dull and are only a sequence of 1vs1 battles. What I mean is that, I play team battles to avoid the character select screen of single player battles. It's a shame since I used to play only Team Battles in BT3.
- It's great there are team attacks like full nelson Special Beam cannon but Every character should get SOMETHING like that, even if it's basic like Android 18/17's special in Budokai 3
- The switch between characters should always be at the exact place where the previous character left. It's common sens to keep the tactical points of the battle. Again missing that, you give the team battle the feel of a series of single player battles.
STORY MODE, CUSTOMIZATION AND UNLOCKABLES:
Presentation: The Menus Of The Game Were Also Bland Put some Excitement Back Into The Menus like the interaction in Bt2
Gohan: "you can have all sorts of adventures flying through Earth and spaace".
(I want to actually FLY through earth and space like BT2 or Budokai 3)
It's a Mess. Ok, there are many things to do, like dragon battles, challenges, story modes, etc... But it's almost impossible to have any idea what we should do to get anything. I hate the idea that I can win items from World Tournaments, but also from what if stories, or Dragon Ball Collecting. A typical path to follow would be more appreciated, instead of this total chaos. To prove my point, try to google where u can find the items. You will get the typical World Tournament list, which is only some of the items. For the rest, no one knows.
Better Story Mode:
Have the story go from the end Dragonball (Goku vs Piccolo Jr.)-DBGT, Have Better Story Recaps, have story recaps BEFORE the mission like BT3 where the characters tell you what was going on.
Let yourself be able to do missions at the beginning instead of first fighting them.
* More battles would be nice, and the ability to skip the fights such as is already the case (for instance you can go directly to the Kid Buu fight). Have them in categories:
- Saiyan Saga: All fights of the Saiyan Saga
- Frieza Saga: All fights of Namek/Ginyu/Frieza Saga
- Andriod Saga: All fights of Trunks/Andriod/Cell Saga
- Buu Saga: All fights of Majin Buu Saga's.
-* History of Trunks: If you also have Future Gohan in the game, this can be a well-worth saga as well http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/emoticons/smile.gif. Have the Z-warriors be killed by the andriods and then all the other ones. Then have Trunks finish them off in the end + Cell.
-* Brolly Saga: All fights of Brolly
(all other movie related stories)
- What-If Saga: All What-if-scenarios.
Go back to Tenkaichi 2's Storymode Layout it was the best and most fun because: -you can fly around and fight side enemies not just the main one
- you can level up which gives you a reason to replay it giving an RPG like feel
-you get a team and choose who fights and test yourself strategically:
(Vegeta, Krillin, gohan, and piccolo vs Frieza)
- RB's storymode's life bar system is broken with some fights.
Unlike Bt3 when you beat say.. Frieza and trigger a cutscene, HE gets life and you keep yours which is a real piss off, frieza over had 16 bars of life while you keep your 4/5.
Star Shop: I thought this was really stupid to earn stars just to unlock characters, costumes and extra missions why cant we just buy characters with in game money.
- getting stars was annoying as hell, i hated it. Just go back to zennie. If they want it a challenge make things super expensive like in soul calibur.
- Decking is fun, but here again, the shapes are lousy and really not smart. Since it's about shapes, items should have more interesting shapes giving opportunities to players to have more creative and interesting combination of decks. All the logic decking has now is that important items are huge cubes, taking a lot of place. Not really creative, is it?
Items:give us an item where the cpu will can NOT switch out, and an item that the cpu will NEVER transform (separate) and equip them with this.
Also what would be nice is a mission against an overpowered form of that character
* Red Potara's from BT3 were madness (everyone who fought a fused red potara SSJ4 Goku+SSJ4 Vegeta knows what I'm talking about) and where the absolute of skill-showing if you could beat the likes of them. Return the concept of them? http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/emoticons/smile.gif
Some items are deemed broken by a lot of expert players, like Random Vanish, fix those and try to get away from random items but make the window to do that action bigger and more visible.
I think you should be able to see what your opponent has customized. This would make battles where only supers are changed available w/o making broken custom characters
* More appearance-changers. An item to give a scouter (red/blue/green one) would be nice, as well as maybe change them a little in appearance like costumes customization (example giving videl, Goku's outfit or Adult Gohan Trunk's outfit)
* More moves would be nice actually, but this is me being a spoiled guy http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/emoticons/razz.gif
* Bring back the tournaments from BT3, like¬* Otherworld Tournament and have goku or Pikkon the champ. The only change id give is have a Cutscene at the end for example Goku SSj3 is standing there: "So, you've made it...you're stronger then I thought...but that doesn't mean this fight will come easy, lets see you go up against a Super sayian 3!!! Ahhhh!!!" Then he rushes at the camera like Budokai 1. It would also help if the actual stage from otherworld was in the game.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.